Static Web Applications run independently of the need for server-side dynamic processing. Static web architecture eases common web development headaches without introducing additional complexity. This guide will introduce you to the world of static web applications and offer solutions to common challenges encountered while building them. Welcome!
- Defining Static Web Apps Static web applications are delivered to a user's browser without any server-side processing, but that doesn't mean they're any less capable.
- Why Build Static Web Apps? There are hundreds of web application architectures, and it can be hard to understand what to choose. Learn why a static app might be right for your project.
- Now You're Thinking With Services When building a static app, it can help to think of your project as a number of different services that all work together to accomplish your business goals.
- Assembling Your Static App Stack Building a static app isn't the end of your technological decision-making. Learn about the various types of tools you can use to build powerful static web apps.
- Routing URLs in Static Apps URLs are an important part of your application's user experience, but can be a challenge in static applications. Learn what you can do and why you should care.
- Authentication and Authorization Authentication is perhaps the single most common requirement of any application, and quickly and easily registering for a service can make a huge difference for the user.
- Cross-Domain Requests With CORS Cross-Origin Resource Sharing is a powerful technology for static web apps that allows you to safely request and utilize data from other servers. Learn how to use it!
Front-End Error Handling
Different Types of Apps
Web applications are not designed only for smartphones or tablets, but for any computer or mobile Internet Browser. There are several types. The most common web applications are classified according to how the content of the application is presented. There are static applications, dynamic web application, online store or e-commerce, portal web app, animated web applications. On the other side, whether paid or free, mobile apps have become essential for smartphones.
Web apps and Mobile apps may both seem very similar, but in fact, there are many differences between them, from the specific platform on which are built to how they run. In order to run, the web apps need an active internet connection, whereas mobile apps might work offline in a faster and more efficient way. The mobile apps require the user to download all the updates regularly, and the web apps update themselves automatically.
The mobile apps have been mainly categorized in 6 categories: Lifestyle Mobile Apps (Spotify, Tripadvisor, Uber), Social Media Apps (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat), Utility Mobile Apps (Weather, Flashlight, Calculator), Games/Entertainment Mobile Apps (Clash of Clans, Angry Birds, Casino4Fun, Rivers Casino), Productivity Mobile Apps (Docs, Sheets), and News/Information Outlets Mobile Apps (Reddit, Linkedin, Yahoo News Digest).
Mobile and Online Casino Apps
Just a minute spent on the App store, and you will realize that there are so many online casino games and mobile gambling apps that you won’t have enough time to download them ever. If you want to gamble on the go and enjoy real money gaming anywhere on your mobile device, you should definitely try numerous available mobile casino apps, such as slot games, blackjack, roulette or video poker.
To find more detailed information about everything regarding different types of apps and the most common web applications, you should have a look at the following posts below.
Firebase offers a complete solution for building web apps from the front-end. With Firebase Hosting to host your Static Apps and the Firebase Real-Time Database for your data, you can build your whole app on Firebase!